The SMA needs you …
Think of what it is like to have to walk 3 or 4 kilometres to find water to wash clothes or to draw water for use in the village. Now think of what it would be like to have a pump or well right in the middle of the village!
Living in and involved with the communities in which we work, we in the SMA witness on a daily basis the struggle of Africans to improve their lives, for themselves and their families. Being there we can ensure that support goes to where it is most needed.
You have been helping us for very many years – indeed since the foundation of the Irish Province in 1912 we have relied on the constant support of the Irish people to continue the work of our Founder, Bishop de Brésillac.
Because of your generosity many communities and peoples, through thousands of projects in rural and urban Africa, have a better life than before, though much more remains to be done……..
Without your help we would not have been able to continue or to be able to reach so many.
There are many ways and means of helping the Society of African Missions and its work.
There are more and more demands on our resources
– supporting our missionaries in their ordinary upkeep
– reaching out to the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
– street-children projects
– women’s literacy
– water and sanitation provision
– nursery, primary & secondary schools
– clinics and medical programmes
– transport for missionaries
There are also the demands, particularly financial, involved in the education of our students in Africa and Asia where we have over 220 studends preparing for missionary priesthood.
And at the close of their day we must care for our sick and our retired missionaries.
The SMA has always relied upon people for its support and people have been most generous in their support of our missionary work. for this great involvement in our work we are very grateful.
Would you consider helping us in any of these undertakings? … click here.
you can help us….
- by making a donation
on a personal basis …
getting together with your family, workmates or school friends
- leave us a legacy in your will
- support one of our special relief or development projects … here.
Donate to any of our missionary activities
– education of students
– refugees in Africa
– refugees in Ireland
– famine relief
– water supply
– medical treatment
Please send your donation, no matter what amount, indicating what activity you wish to support to:
The Development Office, African Missions, Blackrock Road, Cork, Ireland
Join the Family Vocations Crusade
– make a personal donation for the education of sma students to the priesthood
– gather a small group of family and friends and agree to contribute â‚¬15 per year each for the education of sma students to the priesthood….
more information click here…
Use our SMA Mass Association cards
– we have cards for all kinds of occasions – Sympathy, Bouquet, Get Well, Weddings, Examination success, St Patrick’s Day, Christmas and Easter.
If you would like to receive some of our cards for personal use click here…
Pray with us during our Novenas of Prayer:
– to our Lady of Lourdes: 3 February – 11 February 2010
– in honour of Our Lady of Knock, ending with our : 14 May – 22 May 2010
– in honour of St Therese of the Child Jesus, Patroness of the missions: 23 September – 1 October 2010
Place a mission (mite) box in your shop or store or home… more information click here…