“If you want peace work for justice.” Pope Paul VI
For easy access to all articles in the Justice Section – click here for a sitemap.
At its core Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation (JPIC) concerns right relationships; with God, withself, with our fellow humans, with institutions and with all creation. JPIC is integral to and constitutive of evangelisation. Commitment to JPIC demands an authentic Gospel-based response, elaborated in Catholic Social Teaching, to what mission Means in the complex and interdependent world we live in today.
|To view other Justice and Peace related articles published on this web site
The Society of African Missions (SMA) JPIC commitment is marked by a prophetic concern for Africa and its peoples, who are increasingly abandoned by the international brokers of economic and political power in our world (World Bank, IMF, G8, WTO etc).
Faithful to the SMA Founder’s vision of mission to the most abandoned, the SMA accompanies and supports the peoples of Africa in their struggle for a more just society and world. We do this by
– researching and publishing material to raise awareness of justice issues affecting African peoples Read more.
– by providing a series of briefings on justice issues affecting Africa and Africans.
– through cooperation and Links with agencies and organisations working for Justice in Africa Read more
– by providing reports and information about SMA’s, OLA Sisters and other missionaries Working for Justice in Africa
– through pastoral care of Africans in Ireland through Cois Tine an Outreach Project of the SMA Justice Office. Read more
– By providing Justice and Peace Resources Read more
Justice and Peace is directed towards the transformation of structures, policies and practices which diminish and destroy the integrity of creation and the possibility of a true quality of life for all, especially the poor and marginalised.“
Bishop Kevin Dowling, South Africa
“The spirituality of Justice and Peace is a way of life modelled on the example of Jesus, and is rooted in the Scriptures and the social teaching of the Church, whose purpose is the transformation of society.”
Pete Henriot SJ
Mr Gerard Forde, Programme & Development Officer. email@example.com
Justice Office, African Missions, Wilton, Cork, IRELAND. Telephone 00 353 (0)21 4933475